[Skip to Content]

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is the Cultural Affairs Council?
    The Cultural Affairs Council is a non-profit organization that supports and enhances the arts in San Angelo and the Concho Valley.

  2. What does the Cultural Affairs Council do?
    The Council provides funding for arts agencies and art projects in addition to hosting various arts and cultural events. Our annual sub grant application is available in June each year with a submission deadline of the last day of August. All arts agencies and groups with art projects are welcome to apply.  

  3. What events does the Cultural Affairs Council host?
    The Council has two gourmet cuisine and wine events: Uncorked and Gourmet Dinner. We also have an event for students during En Plein Air.

  4. When do the events take place?
    Uncorked and En Plein Air take place in October and Gourmet Dinner is in February. FMI, visit our events calendar: www.sanangeloarts.com

  5. How can I get involved with the Cultural Affairs Council?
    Send us an email: [email protected] or call our office: 325-653-6793

  6. How do I become a member?
    Visit our membership tab: www.sanangeloarts.com The Council has six membership levels from which to choose.

  7. Where is the Cultural Affairs office and what are the office hours?
    We are located on the 2nd floor of the Cactus Hotel in Suite 200. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.

  8. What organizations does the Cultural Affairs Council support?
    The Council supports the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, the San Angelo Symphony, Angelo Civic Theatre, Ballet San Angelo, and the San Angelo Broadway Academy as well as numerous arts projects.

  9. Does the Cultural Affairs Council need volunteers?
    Yes! Please contact our office if you are interested.

  10. How do I stay informed about the Cultural Affairs Council?
    Contact us with your email address for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook!